1. Place top switch in PM or Set position.
2. Insert "C" cell battery.
3. Turn the control knob in the direction of the arrow - the MINUTE hand on the front of the clock will turn clockwise. When the motor starts to chime, discontinue turning the control knob.
4. Count the number STRIKES after it chimes: 4 strike equals 4 o'clock, 6 strikes equals 6 o'clock, and so forth. Assume that it struck six times in this example:
- A. Remove battery and minute hand.
- B. Position HOUR hand on clock for 6 o'clock.
- C. Place MINUTE hand on 12 o'clock and tighten minute hand nut.
- D. Press SECOND hand onto the shaft in 12 o'clock position. Your hands are now set to the CHIME of the motor.
5. Using control knob again, turn the hands clockwise to the correct time of day.
6. Insert the "C" cell battery - the motor will be running and set for the correct chime and time of day.
7. For EVERY-HOUR chime and strike, place the top switch in the LEFT position, for night-time silence (between hours of 11:00PM and 5:45AM) place the top switch in the CENTER position.
8. Your CHIMES and CLOCK are now properly set up.