The cost of having someone do this for you would be the same price as a new movement. There is no such thing as having a repair on a clock movement being better than a new movement and the price would be about the same. Often enough the new movement would be less money than a repair.So what all this means is to first see if the clock movement is in production and available new instead of having it overhauled. We do this by getting the numbers off of the back plate of the movement itself, right off of the brass, then email this information to us at [email protected] and we will check availability and quote. If the movement is not in production anymore, then a repair is the only option.
- Take off the hands, unhook the bird off of the door and remove the hooks and rings from the chains, then flip the clock over.
- Take the back off and undo the bellow wires off of their lifters. This is done by opening the loop that lifts the bellow wires up and down. Open the loop with a small flat screwdriver by twisting it so it will open.
- Next, take out the bellows by unscrewing the screw on the outside of the side of the cuckoo clock case. The bellows will now come out and you can take the four screws out that hold the cuckoo clock movement in.
- When you receive your new cuckoo clock movement, the arm that the bird sits on will have to be bent and cut to size, then you can take the bird off of the old cuckoo clock movement by loosening the birds set screw and put it on the new unit.
- Installation is then the reverse of what you did to remove the movement.
- 2.54 CM = 1 inch
- 25.4 MM = 1 inch
- 19.5cm = 7 3/4"
- 23.5cm = 9 1/4"
- 28.5cm = 10 1/2"
- 40.05cm = 15 3/4"
Cuckoo Movements are not always easy to install. No returns on these.
Made by Regula
1 Day (Regula 25)Most popular one day weight driven cuckoo clock movement. Comes with chains, hooks and rings. This movement uses two weights at 5/8 LBS (275 Grams) each (not included). The pendulum is the smaller one day size. The drop is the measurement from the suspension post (top of the movement) down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock keeps approximate time.
8 Day (Regula 34)Most used 8 day weight driven cuckoo clock movement in the world. Comes with chains, hooks and rings. This movement uses two weights at 3 1/4 LBS (1500 Grams) each (not included). The pendulum is the larger 8 day size. The drop is the measurement from the suspension post down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock keeps approximate time.
1 Day Dancer 25Offering the most used one day dancer cuckoo clock movement in existence. The Regula dancing series. This is a two weight movement that takes 2 of 275 gram cuckoo pine cone weights. The movement does not come with chains or hooks and rings, these things are offered separately. So there you have it, a brand new cuckoo clock movement for less cost than even just a cleaning and oiling of the old one. The movement comes oiled, tested, and with a 3 year warranty.
8 Day Dancer 34Offering the most used 8 day dancer cuckoo clock movement in existence. The Regula dancing series. This is a two weight movement that takes 2 of 1250 or 1500 gram cuckoo pine cone weights. The movement does not come with chains or hooks and rings, these things are offered separately. So there you have it, a brand new cuckoo clock movement for less cost than even just a cleaning and oiling of the old one. The movement comes oiled, tested, and with a 3 year warranty.
See if its RegulaTo see if your time / cuckoo movement is Regula, please check the following.
- If your clock movement has two weights on the movement itself, your in the right section. You may have three weights, but the movement itself only carries two of them, and if you have another weight that is only on the music box, your in the right section.
- Next see if your cuckoo movement says 25 or 34 on it above the spiked wheel that makes the bellows go up and down, above this wheel and to the right some. It may have more numbers or letters after the 25 or 34 but don't pay attention to anything but the 25 or 34. If you have 25 or 34 on the back, your in the right section.
- Now you know the clock movement is made by the Regula company of Germany.
- The pendulum drop is measured from the top of the movement and down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock used to keep approximate time.
Bending the bird wireThese movements have the bird wire also, this will come way too long and will need to be cut to length. After cut to size it must be bent into a 90 degree angle, and this bend must be done right the first time or its difficult to correct. The correct way to do adjust this bird arm wire is as follows.
- Measure the complete bird arm wire on the old unit, including the right angled section.
- Cut the new units bird wire to the same size.
- Take note of your old unit if the arm is forward or back, you want the arm forward on the
- old and the new as to avoid an improper 90 degree bend. A proper bend will be when both movements are in the bird coming out, arm forward to the front of the movement, both units at once, then make the bend. Otherwise it will be hard to correct as one 90 degree will not be in forward when the other one is, and will result in having to correct. How you put the arm forward =make the clock in strike mode, or you can say in cuckoo mode, as when its in cuckoo mode, the bird is forward.
- Measure where the bend is on the old movement and then go ahead and bend the new units bird arm to a right angle, at the same location as the old one (where the arm is even with the front of the movement, not back)
Cuckoo Clock Parts & More
Showing 33–48 of 72 results
Cuckoo Clock Wooden Buck Deer Figurine
Cuckoo clock figurine deer / buck made of wood. This stands 3 inches (8cm) tall and 2 inches (5cm) long. ...
Cuckoo Clock Wooden Squirel and Maple Leaf Front Face
Dark pine wood cuckoo clock front. A gorgeous hunter style cuckoo clock piece featuring two squirrels on each side. Measures about 8 inches across from the tip of each squirrel tail and it is 11 inches tall from the tip ...
Cuckoo Deer Antlers
Deer Antlers Cuckoo Clock Parts antlers made of sturdy plastic with a wooden look. These plastic antlers will not break as easy as the old wooden antlers. The size listed is the approximate length from the mounting ...
Cuckoo Hand Bushing
Minute hand bushings that fit the style cuckoo hands that have a round hole in the minute hand. These are sold in a six pack of the same size or a single bushing can be purchased. The hands are installed in this orde ...
Cuckoo Head Dressing Bird Top
Solid wood decorative hand carved brown top that goes on the top of the top of the cuckoo clock. Also known as the head dressing or crown, and is measured end to end. Does not come with mounts. ...
Cuckoo Head Dressing Clips
Dressing Clip Mounts This is another form of mounting for the top head dressing. Comes as two clips that get forced into the dressing with the spikes and then the dressing can clip onto the cuckoo roof. ...
Cuckoo Head Dressing Mounts
Head Dressing Mounts This is what you will need to mount the head dressing on a cuckoo clock. Its either this or epoxy, this is the better way. These do not come with the head dressing and is a separate purc ...
Cuckoo Hook and Ring for Chain
The hook goes on one end of the chain to hold the weight up in the air. The ring goes on the other side of the same chain so the chain will not travel into the movement and jam up the clock if the clock was not wound ...
Customizable Wooden Cuckoo Clock Face Plate
Front face for a pine wooden hunter style cuckoo clock. A great base for your creative projects. There are two holes drilled into the side so you can customize the front as you wish. The center horn also features a hole ...
Dark Wooden Maple Leaf Carved Cuckoo Clock Front
Dark pine wood maple leaf cuckoo clock front plate. Measures 7.5 inches across and 10.5 inches tall at its longest points. The inner dimensions are 4.5 inches across and about 6.5 inches tall. A unique addition to any w ...
Deer Mother and Baby Figure for Cuckoo Clocks
Deer mother and baby figurine statue decoration for a cuckoo clock. This is a decoration for a cuckoo clock case that can be installed with clear epoxy. Stands 2 Inches (25mm) tall and 2 inches (25mm) wide. ...
Elk Top Wooden Piece for Hunter Style Cuckoo Clock
Dark pine wood hunter style cuckoo clock rooftop piece. Features an elk standing on top over carved decorative maple leaves. A unique addition to any woodworkers collection for creating timepieces. There are two clips i ...
Hand Painted Bird Cuckoo Top
Cuckoo clock rooftop decorative clip on piece. Gorgeous carved pine wood hand painted and stained for a glossy dark finish. Features a soaring dove on the top and two maple leaves. Measures about 9 inches across from eac ...
Hunter Cuckoo Clock Replacement Wooden Horn
Hunter Cuckoo Clock Replacement Wooden Horn. These often get lost or broken so we offer these solid wood brown stained replacements. Measurements below are the diameter of the horn. ...
Hunter Style Shot Gun Cuckoo Clock Wood Top
Cuckoo clock rooftop decorative wooden piece. Features a shotgun and maple leaves over a crest. The crest has a hole drilled in the center for your convenience to customize as you please. Measures about 14 inches across ...
Hunter Style Wooden Front for Cuckoo Clock
Dark pine wood cuckoo clock front great for hunter style cuckoo clocks. Features two kills, a bird and a rabbit carved hanging upside down. The center has a french style horn with a flag hanging off of it about 3.5 inche ...