G-S Hypo Cement
Because the cement tends to keep flowing out of the applicator once it starts, here is a helpful hint when doing assembly work with frequent use of G-S Hypo: If you do not have time to place the cap wire into the precision applicator between uses, keep an empty, small bottle (like a spice bottle) in your work area, along with a small piece of sponge soaked in nail polish remover. After using the cement, set the tube “neck up” in the spice bottle and place the wet sponge over the precision applicator. This will stop the flow of cement and keep the applicator clean and ready for its next use. Replace cap wire when possible.
- For non-porous surfaces: Plastic, metal, glass, beads, beading wire, painted or sealed wood, etc.
- Dries clear, stays clear. A liquid cement, flows readily.
- Will not damage the surface to which it is applied. Will not bond fingers.
- Use in well-ventilated area.
- Always apply G-S Hypo to clean surfaces.
- The cement gets tacky after about 10-20 seconds. When tacky, begin assembly. Dries after about an hour. May take up to 24 hours to dry completely.
- Flatten the tube as it is used; do not roll, twist or bend.
- Take care not to twist the tube, as twisting may cause the tube to crack.
- Do not exert pressure on the applicator when applying cement. Pressure can cause the precision applicator to become dislodged.
- Place cap wire in applicator when not in use to stop the flow of cement out of the applicator.
- Always clean the precision applicator area and neck of tube with acetone, nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol before closing the cap.
- Available since the 1930’s. A tried and tested product.
- Shelf-life: Guaranteed for one year from date of purchase. The cement can last much longer if tube is stored properly.
- Store G-S Hypo Cement at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.