Please Note: The movement will not chime the quarters when the time is being set, only the hourly chimes. The quarters will start when the clock is done being set and about 90 minutes after being left alone to chime on its own.
- Push the HOUR hand onto the post at the 6 o'clock position.
- Place MINUTE hand on 12 o'clock and tighten minute hand nut.
- Press SECOND hand onto the shaft in 12 o'clock position (if you are using one). Your hands are now set to the CHIME of the motor.
- Using the hand setter, located on the upper right side of the movement, turn the hands clockwise to the correct time of day.
- Insert one C-cell battery. The motor will be running and set for the correct chime and time of day.
- To listen to 24 hour chime and strike, place the AM / PM switch in the LEFT position, for night-time silence (between hours of 11:00PM and 5:45AM) place the AM / PM switch in the RIGHT position.
- The song switch on the left side of the movement is to select Westminster or Whittington. It is denoted with a 1 or 2. Slide the switch to whatever song you want the clock to chime.
- Now the clock is properly set up