QU30 Chiming Seiko Instructions
The following are the QU30 Chiming Seiko Instructions.
Please Note: The movement will not chime the quarter hours while the time is being set. Only the hourly chimes will operate during the setup process. The quarters will start when the clock is set and about 90 minutes after being left alone to chime on its own.
- Push the HOUR hand onto the post at the 6 o'clock position.
- Place the MINUTE hand at 12 o'clock and tighten the minute hand nut.
- Press the SECOND hand onto the shaft at the 12 o'clock position (if you are using one). Your hands are now set to the CHIME of the motor.
- Using the hand setter, on the upper right side of the movement, turn the hands clockwise to the correct time of day.
- Insert one C-cell battery. The motor will now run and set for the correct chime and time of day.
- To listen to 24 hour chime and strike, place the AM / PM switch in the LEFT position. For night-time silence (between hours of 11:00PM and 5:45AM) place the AM / PM switch in the RIGHT position.
- The song switch on the left side of the movement is to select Westminster or Whittington. The display shows a 1 or 2. Slide the switch to whatever song you want the clock to chime.
- This concludes the QU30 Chiming Seiko Instructions. Now the clock is properly set up.
Making it chime on time
Troubleshooting the QU30 Chiming Seiko Instructions
First, find out if the clock chime is correct. It does not matter what time it is. The hands need to point to the time the clock thinks it is. Which means where the clock is chiming.
So when the clocks chimes, make note of how many times it does so. Then remove the hands. Put them back on to point to the number of chimes it rang. In other words, 3 chimes means put the hands on the clock to point to 3 o'clock. The final step it to set it to the correct time by either the rotating the setting knob or rotating the minute hand slowly in a clockwise manner. Always rotate it clockwise.
Additionally, if the clock minute hand will not point exactly to the 12, do this. Find the circle setting knob on the back of the movement and hold this still with your fingers so it will not move. At the same time, point the minute hand to the 12 where it needs to be. Let go of both and it will be correct from then on forth.
↑ Back to top