Anniversary Clock Repair Kit

$89.00

This 400 Day Repair Kit has the basic items required to clean a 400 day movement without disassembly. The goal of cleaning a clock movement is to remove old oil that has solidified and put new oil in its place.

Read more »
400KIT: $89.00

Anniversary Clock Repair Kit Description

This Anniversary clock repair kit has the basic items to clean a 400 day movement without disassembly. This kit is for the person who would like to do a simple clock cleaning with out having to learn an intense amount of clock repair information or Horology.

The goal to cleaning a clock movement is to remove old oil that has become a solid and to put new oil in its place. Solid clock oil creates wear to the movements outer plates and eventually causes too much friction for the clock to run.

With a good cleaning of the anniversary 400 day clock with this 400 Day Repair Kit and a new suspension spring, they are ready to run for years to come.

Anniversary Clock Repair Kit

Included:

Clock Repair E-Book

Downloadable E-book that includes the following topics:

The success of this E-Book is from the simplicity in the answers and the ease of use. This will make it very easy for the clock owner to solve simple problems that may arise when there is an issue with the clock.

The topics you see below are the actual topics that are on the cover page of the E-Book. Please review them and see if this E-Book will help you. You will find this very helpful in solving many different clock repair issues and questions on cleaning and oiling a movement.

/* Clear floats after the columns */ .row:after { content: ""; display: table; clear: both; }
Weight Driven Clock Repair

Weight Driven

  • Introduction
  • Putting it "In Beat"
  • Ticks ok but stops
  • No tick tock sound
  • Quarter chime is off
  • Cleaning - Assembled
  • Cleaning - Disassembled
  • Reassembling the works
  • Repair methods
  • Replacing with a new movement
Spring Driven clock repair

Spring Driven

  • Introduction
  • Putting it "In Beat"
  • Ticks ok but stops
  • No tick tock sound
  • Working with mainsprings
  • Chiming the wrong time
  • Setting quarter chimes
  • Cleaning - Assembled
  • Cleaning - Disassembled
  • Reassembling the works
  • Repair methods
  • Replacing with a new movement
400 Day Clock Repair

Anniversary Clocks

  • Introduction
  • Setting up the clock
  • Changing Suspensions
  • Putting it "In Beat"
  • Cleaning the Movement
  • Reassembling the works
cuckoo clock repair

Cuckoo Clocks

  • Introduction
  • Parts Check
  • Checking for Wear
  • Replacing Bellows
  • Replacing Bellow Cloth
  • Putting it "In Beat"
  • Not Cuckooing at the Right Time
  • Cuckooing the Wrong Amount
  • Movement Removal and Installation
  • New Cuckoo Set-Up
  • Changing the Hands
  • Cleaning the Movement

Also Includes:


Clock Suspension Springs

Suspension Springs

12 of the most frequent and useful sizes for repairs. This is what gets bent out of shape when the clock moves. This always happens unless a person knows about them. If you have a non-running 400 day clock, there is an 80% chance that this is the problem. The other 20% would be a cleaning of the pivots. Pivots are the skinny ends of the arbors that the gears attach to. The pivots insert into the clock plates. When the old oil dries up, it turns to goo and has to come off. Suspension springs are the long, flat wires on the back of the clock, that let the balls rotate in the air. The balls hook onto a bottom block and the bottom block connects to this type of spring. The springs are really just thin flat steel strips. What matters the most is the thickness of this spring. The thickness is what makes the balls rotate fast or slow. This package contains the most popular sizes and the length is long enough to cut down to any length that you may need.

Clock Mainspring Let Down Tool

Mainspring Let Down Tool

This tool is a necessity to clean a 400 day clock. To clean a 400 day clock, it must be taken apart to access the pivots and pivot holes (Pivot description is above). Before taking this clock apart, a person MUST let down the power of the mainspring. The mainspring is the big flat steel ribbon that is wound with the key. You cannot see the mainspring because it is inside of a container which is a barrel. This mainspring packs a punch, it wants to unwind fast. This spring is very long in a 400 day clock, and that is why the clock runs for so long with only one wind. Therefore it can destroy the rest of the clock and possibly harm the repairer unless you use this tool. Use the let down tool to let the mainspring unwind in a slow manner that you control.


Clock Vision Visor Magnifier

Vision Visor Magnifier

Magnifier can be worn over glasses. This fits over the head and will be the most convenient magnification for inspecting important components of the clock movement and parts. This quality tool is made here in USA and is a must for this type of work. This flips up over the head when there is an interruption in your work and has 2 1/2 magnification.

Clock Taper Pin Assortment

Taper Pin Assortment

Taper pins have many uses in clock repair. This is an assortment of brass and steel pins with various diameters. With 400 day clocks, the use is for pillars of the clock to hold the plates together. If you loose one, here you have an assortment of them even though these are hard to find.


Clock Gear / Hand Puller

Clock Gear / Hand Puller

Use this to pull gears or hands off clocks in a straight and safe fashion. With 400 day clocks in particular, the hour hand sometimes is difficult to get off. Doing it by hand could increase the hour hand hole diameter and the hand will not fit back on correctly because it would be touching the dial. Using this simple tool prevents this from happening.

Clock Micrometer

Micrometer

Use this tool to measure the thickness of suspension springs to determine the correct replacement.


Clock Oil and Level

Clock Oiler and Level

You need the level to be sure the clock stays in beat from one place to another. Learn to set the clock in beat by the directions in the E-book, making sure the clock is level when it is being done. Then keep a level with the clock and wherever the clock goes, as long as it's level, it will be in beat. By being in beat, it means to have an even tick-tock-tick-tock rather than ticktock---ticktock---ticktock. Often many repairs ONLY need to be set in beat to work - however a cleaning is usually optimal. The oiler is full of oil and is the size of a fat pen. Apply a small amount of oil to anything that has friction after the old oil has been taken off. This is enough clock oil to do many clock movements. This kit contains one oiler and one level.


Additional information

Weight 4.5 lbs

You may also like…

  • launch

    View Product

    View more

    turned_in_out Cuckoo Clock Parts

    Long Screw Drivers Cuckoo Clock 6pc

    Long Screw Drivers Cuckoo Clock 6pc assorted Philips and flat head. These are the best set to remove movements from there clock cases. They reach into the mantle clock cases and cuckoo cases very well.

    Read more »
    CT37: $10.00
  • launch

    View Product

    View more

    turned_in_out Clock Tools

    Clock Repair Tool Magnetizer-Demagnetizer

    The Clock Repair Tool Magnetizer-Demagnetizer is a super easy and effective tool! Run the tool through to magnetize it and then repeat to demagnetize it. A fantastic item for all types of screwdrivers.

    Read more »
    CT31: $10.00
  • launch

    View Product

    View more

    turned_in_out Clock Tools

    Clock Repair Small Pliers

    This set consists of 6 pieces with various shaped ends for crimping or cutting in clock repair. The overall length are between 5 and 6 inches. Easily get into tight places when locking in pivots or bending wire.

    Read more »
    CT38: $18.00
  • launch

    View Product

    View more

    turned_in_out Clock Tools

    Multi-Tip Screwdriver for Clock Repair

    Useful Multi-Tip Screwdriver with spinning tops. Contains various tips that are store within the handle itself. Works great with many other tools we offer. Includes Phillips head and regular head tips.

    Read more »
    CT30: $15.00

1
Ask a Clock Question

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
David Alexander Ross
4 months ago

looking for 19 mm (.75 inch) brass quarter columns (capitals)