Quartz clock movement installation
Quartz clock movement installation is done in the below sequential order to get the clock up and running.
The first step is to get the old unit out of the way by removing the hands from the clock, and then taking off the hex nut that is located under where the hands used to be.
The movement will fall out the back of the clock dial and you then have it out of the way and you can put in your new fine quartz clock movement you bought from clockworks.com.
Quartz clock movement installation is very easy usually. These are the assembly instructions for the time only quartz clock movement into the clock case.
- Place hanger on post (optional)
- Place black washer on post (optional)
- Put post through the clock dial face
- Slide the brass washer onto the post of the movement that is sticking out of the clock dial face
- Put hex nut on post and tighten to hold movement to the back of the clock face – you may use needle nose pliers to get a tighter fit, however do not crank it down so tight that it ruins the clock face.
- Push hour hand on the post (smaller of the 2 hands with round hole). This is a friction fit and should be pushed all the way down on the post without it touching the clock face.
- Put the minute hand on the post
- If using a second hand, skip to step 9. If you are not using a second hand, screw the cap nut on. You are done.
- If using a second hand, screw the small donut on top of minute hand and then push the second hand onto the pin in the center of the unit. You are done installing you're brand new quartz clock movement !