Quartz clock movement installation
In essence, this is a quick step by step practical guide for the quartz clock movement installation. The first step is to get the old unit out of the way. Of course, this is done by removing the hands from the clock.
Then remove the hex nut that is on the post where the hands were. In essence, the movement will fall out the back of the clock dial. On occasion, the movement will have glue holding it in place. So, if this is the case, very gently pry the movement off of the back of the clock with a screwdriver. Now it is out of the way and installation of the new quartz clock movement bought from Clockworks can be done. Likewise, Quartz clock movement installation is usually very easy. Altogether, these are the assembly instructions for the time only quartz clock movement into the clock case.
Sequential order of installation
- 1. Place the steel hanger over the threaded post (optional)
- 2. Place black rubber washer on the post next (optional)
- 3. Start mounting the movement by putting the post through the dial
- 4. Then on the front of the dial, slide the brass washer onto the post of the movement.
- 5. Put the hex nut on post and tighten so it holds the movement to the back of the clock face.
- 6. Push hour hand on the post by friction fit
- 7. Put the minute hand on the post
- 8. If using a second screw the doughnut on to hold the minute hand in place. Then install the second hand now by friction fit. The post just sticks onto the pin at the end of the post.
- 9. If not using a second hand just secure the minute hand with the pretty cap nut.
↑ Back to top