The cost of having someone do this for you would be the same price as a new movement. There is no such thing as having a repair on a clock movement being better than a new movement and the price would be about the same. Often enough the new movement would be less money than a repair.So what all this means is to first see if the clock movement is in production and available new instead of having it overhauled. We do this by getting the numbers off of the back plate of the movement itself, right off of the brass, then email this information to us at [email protected] and we will check availability and quote. If the movement is not in production anymore, then a repair is the only option.
- Take off the hands, unhook the bird off of the door and remove the hooks and rings from the chains, then flip the clock over.
- Take the back off and undo the bellow wires off of their lifters. This is done by opening the loop that lifts the bellow wires up and down. Open the loop with a small flat screwdriver by twisting it so it will open.
- Next, take out the bellows by unscrewing the screw on the outside of the side of the cuckoo clock case. The bellows will now come out and you can take the four screws out that hold the cuckoo clock movement in.
- When you receive your new cuckoo clock movement, the arm that the bird sits on will have to be bent and cut to size, then you can take the bird off of the old cuckoo clock movement by loosening the birds set screw and put it on the new unit.
- Installation is then the reverse of what you did to remove the movement.
- 2.54 CM = 1 inch
- 25.4 MM = 1 inch
- 19.5cm = 7 3/4"
- 23.5cm = 9 1/4"
- 28.5cm = 10 1/2"
- 40.05cm = 15 3/4"
Cuckoo Movements are not always easy to install. No returns on these.
Made by Regula
1 Day (Regula 25)
Most popular one day weight driven cuckoo clock movement. Comes with chains, hooks and rings. This movement uses two weights at 5/8 LBS (275 Grams) each (not included). The pendulum is the smaller one day size.
The drop is the measurement from the suspension post (top of the movement) down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock keeps approximate time.
8 Day (Regula 34)
Most used 8 day weight driven cuckoo clock movement in the world. Comes with chains, hooks and rings. This movement uses two weights at 3 1/4 LBS (1500 Grams) each (not included). The pendulum is the larger 8 day size.
The drop is the measurement from the suspension post down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock keeps approximate time.
1 Day Dancer 25
Offering the most used one day dancer cuckoo clock movement in existence. The Regula dancing series. This is a two weight movement that takes 2 of 275 gram cuckoo pine cone weights. The movement does not come with chains or hooks and rings, these things are offered separately. So there you have it, a brand new cuckoo clock movement for less cost than even just a cleaning and oiling of the old one. The movement comes oiled, tested, and with a 3 year warranty.
8 Day Dancer 34
Offering the most used 8 day dancer cuckoo clock movement in existence. The Regula dancing series. This is a two weight movement that takes 2 of 1250 or 1500 gram cuckoo pine cone weights. The movement does not come with chains or hooks and rings, these things are offered separately. So there you have it, a brand new cuckoo clock movement for less cost than even just a cleaning and oiling of the old one. The movement comes oiled, tested, and with a 3 year warranty.
See if its Regula
To see if your time / cuckoo movement is Regula, please check the following.
- If your clock movement has two weights on the movement itself, your in the right section. You may have three weights, but the movement itself only carries two of them, and if you have another weight that is only on the music box, your in the right section.
- Next see if your cuckoo movement says 25 or 34 on it above the spiked wheel that makes the bellows go up and down, above this wheel and to the right some. It may have more numbers or letters after the 25 or 34 but don't pay attention to anything but the 25 or 34. If you have 25 or 34 on the back, your in the right section.
- Now you know the clock movement is made by the Regula company of Germany.
- The pendulum drop is measured from the top of the movement and down to the center of the pendulum leaf where the clock used to keep approximate time.
Bending the bird wire
These movements have the bird wire also, this will come way too long and will need to be cut to length. After cut to size it must be bent into a 90 degree angle, and this bend must be done right the first time or its difficult to correct. The correct way to do adjust this bird arm wire is as follows.
- Measure the complete bird arm wire on the old unit, including the right angled section.
- Cut the new units bird wire to the same size.
- Take note of your old unit if the arm is forward or back, you want the arm forward on the
old and the new as to avoid an improper 90 degree bend. A proper bend will be when both movements are in the bird coming out, arm forward to the front of the movement, both units at once, then make the bend. Otherwise it will be hard to correct as one 90 degree will not be in forward when the other one is, and will result in having to correct. How you put the arm forward =make the clock in strike mode, or you can say in cuckoo mode, as when its in cuckoo mode, the bird is forward.
- Measure where the bend is on the old movement and then go ahead and bend the new units bird arm to a right angle, at the same location as the old one (where the arm is even with the front of the movement, not back)
Cuckoo Clock Parts & More
Showing 1–16 of 72 results
- 36 Note Cuckoo Clock Music Box for Regula 34 unitsDIY Cuckoo Clock: Music Box 36 Note cuckoo music box plays two different songs and works with the Regula 34 movements. The 36 notes is more than the typical music box and sounds much richer in tone. The shaft for the gear is approximately 2.37mm or 0.0935 inches wide...
- Air Brush Cuckoo Clock Wooden Bird TopHand painted pine wood cuckoo clock rooftop decorative wooden piece. Features air brushed maple leaves and a bird at the top of the roof. Measures about 7 inches from the tip of each leaf. A unique addition to any woodworkers collection for creating timepieces. ...
- Animated Cuckoo Clock Figurine of Goats JumpingWooden figurine of two goats for building cuckoo clocks. Perfect for hunter style. Moves by a rotating bar in the back that can be connected to your movement to animate. the whole piece is about 4 inches wide, 2 inches tall. Each goat is about 2 inches long....
- Back Opening Clock Bellows with TubesBack Opening Bellows Bellow top flaps will open on the back side of the tube, opposite of the hole in the tube. Bellow tops are 2 1/4 x 1 1/4 preattached to the tubes. Size is the length of the tube and top all together in one overall length. Sold as a pair....
- Bird Lovers Wooden DIY Cuckoo Clock Front PlateDIY Cuckoo Clock: Dark painted pine wood cuckoo clock face front. A gorgeous visual of two birds resting on a house with maple leaves. Perfect for creating your very own cuckoo clock for a DIY or repairing a cuckoo clock case you own. Solid, sturdy wood with a touch of elegance. Measures about 11 inches tall and 7.5 across at the longest points. The inner dimensions are 4.5 inches by 7....
- Blonde Wooden Bird Top for Cuckoo ClocksHand painted pine wood cuckoo clock rooftop decorative wooden piece. Features air brushed maple leaves and a bird at the top of the roof. Measures about 7 inches from the tip of each leaf. A unique addition to any woodworkers collection for creating timepieces. ...
- Clear Set Epoxy for Cuckoo Clock RepairQuick setting clear epoxy great for cuckoo clock bellows, figurines, and broken cuckoo wood repair. You squirt out equal amounts of both sides and mix it up with tooth picks, then its good to apply to the job. Will set in around 5-10 minutes only and also sets clear so it will not show as much when done....
- Clock 500pc Wood Screw Assortment500pc Wood Screw Ast A very large assortment of smaller sized wood screws all brass tone for case work or movement mounting. This is the best assortment for mounting mantle or cuckoo clock sized clock movements....
- Clock Chain by Movement MakerClock chain by movement maker. The chain is sold by LPF. Take a section of your old chain and count the links so it matches the LPF (links per foot) that are on the drop down menu below. Most one day cuckoo clocks take 61LPF. Many 8 day cuckoo clocks take 48LPF. All Hermle chain driven units take 46.5LPF....
Chain: $5.89 – $24.89
- Clock E Style WashersE Style Washers Split washers are similar to C clips as they attach various parts to the movement. These are usually used more on cuckoo clocks. There is 100 mixed sizes in this pack....
- Cuckoo Bellow Top EpoxyCuckoo Epoxy The cuckoo epoxy for bellow top replacement, attaching numerals, or repairing broken wood....
- Cuckoo BirdCuckoo Bird Three inch cuckoo bird that opens its mouth when the tail is lifted. The cuckoo bird is only installed with a single set screw (included) holding it onto a bent wire rod. Loosen this set screw and unhook the door wire and the bird will fall out to be replaced. If wires are needed, please consider ordering the cuckoo wire assortment also....
- Cuckoo Clock Bellow ClothIf you have a unique shapped bellow set and need to replace the cloth than this will help. Our bellow tops come in limited sizes and it is possible to recloth the bellows with this material....
- Cuckoo Clock Bellow TopsBellow Tops Bellow tops are the most frequently needed item on a cuckoo clock. These tops come as a pair and get epoxied on the old bottoms just as the old tops were taken off, see the Cuckoo Clock Parts help section for details. Sold as a pair. Recommended to also get the wire assortment with this....
- Cuckoo Clock ChainReplacement Chain These chains are sold in single 6FT lengths and come in various links per foot (LPF). There are two ways of determining the correct chain, you can count the LPF in the existing chain your trying to match up or go by who made the clock movement. Please note, the maker of the clock movement is not the maker of the cuckoo clock complete....
CU8: $7.89 – $14.89
- Cuckoo Clock Dancer Figurine CoupleCuckoo clock dancing man and woman figurine for the dancer platform. Sold as replacements for the broken and missing usually. These have a small hole on the bottom for the pin that sticks out the dancer platform to go into. Can also be glued on with clear epoxy sold separately. This dancing couple stands 1 1/2 inches (38mm) tall and 3/4 inch (19mm) wide. Usually a cuckoo dancer platform will take four of these, we se...