(old unit marked PL77 Westminster)
- Jauch clock movement conversion
- Hands, shims, top hook, screws included
- Chime weight filler also included
Every Jauch clock movement is discontinued as the company is out of business. What this means is you would be ordering a new movement made by Hermle instead.
The Hermle clock movements are of equivalent quality and size and have the same functions. These conversion kits are only good for the three weight Jauch floor clock movements. If your Jauch movement is anything other than this it will have to be repaired instead, please email us to set up a repair to [email protected]
. If you do have the three weight Jauch movement then your on the correct path to get your clock running again with a brand new Hermle movement conversion kit as described.
The following modifications are usually required:
- The dial must be attached to the case rather than the movement. There is a 50/50 chance really, sometimes the dial is attached to the case and sometimes it is attached to the movement with dial feet. If it's attached to the movement then you will need to unscrew or chop off the dial feet and attach it to the wood case instead.
- The replacement for the Jauch clock movement would have to be shimmed higher (Included)
- New lead weight would be installed into the existing right hand chime weight shell. (Included)
- The top hook on the pendulum will have to get swapped (Included)
- The pendulum may or may not have to get shortened. If the clock is too slow, even with the bob all the way up, the pendulum stick must get cut 1 1/2 inches shorter.
- If you need assistance on replacing the Jauch clock movement you can call 800-381-7458
The Hermle clock movement is a Westminster Chime unit with 8 hammers on the back.
This high quality German movement comes pre oiled and includes its chains, leader, suspension spring and hand nut.
Removal of this movement is easy and we provide instructions for the installation. This movement is in stock and can ship today. We are full time clock makers and retailers both, so if you need any assistance with install we can help.
Replacing a movement is less costly than a overhaul. These movements last 25 years before needing an over haul, but since its still being made at a fair price it is so much better just to replace. The clock will be problem free right away instead of months, last longer than a overhaul and its prelubricated.