The Unlisted Urgos Clock Movement

Posted on    Posted in  turned_in_not  Uncategorized

The Unlisted Urgos Clock Movement

Only the three weight clock movements are being produced in current times. Not every one of them either because some are now discontinued. Assuming we are working with a three weight movement in this section and not a two weight unit or spring driven. The two weight units are covered in another section and we call them the UW7/ series. Same with the spring driven UW6/ series these are no longer made but we have a section covering what can be done with Hermle instead.

Urgos movement number explanation

Upon every production run the movement number changes. The factory will produce the movement for years and then take a break on that series. When they start cranking them out again they call it a different name. So an old movement with a certain name may have the same movement available new but called something different. What used to be called a 03086 is now called a 03096 and so forth. This could be done a few times over in the time span of 40 or 50 years. So what is often required is converting the old number to the new number. However not all numbers are on the list or listed for sale. This does not mean we do not have it to offer, it only means we would need to figure out what one it is in modern times.

Urgos movement numbers simplified

The movement numbers usually start with a UW before the number. This UW can be ignored for replacing the movement or converting the number. UW only means it is made by the Urgos clock company. The letters after the number can be ignored also, such as in the movement number UW32/1A. The A can be ignored along with the UW as discussed, so we are only looking at 32/1 only. The three weight floor clock series only have the numbers starting with either 32 or 03 or 66. Example of starting with a 32 would be 32/1 and a 03 such as the 03101, the 66 as in 66020. If the movement starts with a 32 it is a square unit and if it starts with 03 or 66 it is a larger rectangle on instead.

Urgos movement number unlisted

If your movement numbers match with the numbers we list just find the number and click it. The link will bring up the new movement to view and order the product. If your movement number is not on the above list we need to figure out what the new number is and if its still made. What the numbers used to be may not be the same on the new units. Although the numbers may not match it will still be the same clock movement.

Urgos clock number conversions

Convert your three weight Urgos clock movement to the new number please use the below chart. This will match what the movement used to be called to what it is now called. With the new number it can then be found on the list of offered movements by Sometimes with three production runs it is required to convert the number twice. For example maybe the clock says UW32/1A you would drop the UW and the A at the end and just look at 32/1 only. The 32/1 is replaced with 32001 in one conversion and then there is still one more. On another production run they changed the number for this again and now it is called a 32319. So in the end the 32/1 and the 32001 and the 32319 are all the same unit with different names for the various production runs.

Urgos numbers with the / slash

If you have a / in the number, it’s definitely the old system and therefore an older movement which has lived its life as its over 40 years old. If it does not have a / it still may be the old numbering system as well. Either way, convert old number to the new and order the new unit. If the old numbers have a / in it, replace that / with one or sometimes two zeros. Just think of the / as zeros in other words. EXAMPLE: 32/1 is the same as 32001 and is the same as the converted number 32319. For assistance if needed please contact 800-381-7458 if you get VM it only means the phones are jammed up and we will call you right back. Our email address is [email protected] if you choose to do that instead.

The content of this website is copyright by Clockworks and written by James Stoudenmire in year 2020

↑ Back to top

Ask a Clock Question

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Lynn Hewitt
Lynn Hewitt

How do the weight chains attach in the movement my middle chain has disappeared in the movement’s

Chris Williams

I just bought a ridgeway clock with uw47170 is this good bad ???

Shop By Brand

Shop Hermle

Find the perfect Hermle movement for your clock.

Howard Miller

Find the perfect Howard Miller movement for your clock.

Shop Kieninger

Find the perfect Kieninger movement for your clock.

Seth Thomas

Find the perfect Seth Thomas movement for your clock.

Shop Urgos

Find the perfect Urgos movement for your clock.

Ridgeway Clocks

Find the perfect Ridgeway movement for your clock.